- Tuesday, 1/24/17 Jeremiah 5:25, Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you. The statement was true 2700 years ago, and it is true today. Let it go. Confess and forsake it. For all of you who hate harsh, direct preaching, see what God told Jeremiah his preaching was to be like. Jeremiah 5:14, Wherefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.
- Wednesday, 1/25/17 Psalm 133:1, Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Can you claim “unity” with those with whom you live? It takes compromise and compassion and 2-way communication. Luke 4:29, And rose up, and thrust [Jesus] out of the city, and led him to the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that he might cast him down headlong. Notice how close Jesus got to danger, to death in a non-will-of-God manner before deliverance. Likewise, you may get close to disaster before the Lord steps in and fixes your situation too. (Remember that He was our example in all types of situations.)
- Thursday, 1/26/17 Some claim that we have to “hang on” to God until we reach Eternity. PTL that the strength of my salvation depends on a muscles which a little bigger than mine: Psalm 140:7, O God the Lord, the STRENGTH of my salvation... Psalm 142:4, I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. As a saved man, David’s eternal soul needed nothing. But the soul is the will, emotions, and personality. Do you ever let someone just vent and talk, without judging or interrupting or giving advice? Some people (whom do you know who is hurting? Who is going through some painful, hard time?) just need an ear.
- Friday, 1/27/17 Psalm 144:1, Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Notice who taught David to fight. Practical question: are you knowledgable enough and strong enough to protect yourself in a physical manner? Here’s something to warm your “innards” on a cold winter day: Isaiah 38:17, Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back. Go bask in the warmth here!!
- Saturday, 1/28/17 Psalm 119:68, Thou art good, and doest good. What ARE you, and what do you DO? Merciful and show mercy? Anger & vengeance? Foolish and stupidity? Forgiven & seek reconciliation? Saved & soul winning? Coveteous & greed? Psalm 1:1-2, Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. NOT doing isn’t sufficient. Yes, we’re to “not do” some things, but not for the sake of simply being idle. We’re not to do some things so as to be able to DO some other things. So, do you only have half of a religion?
- Sunday, 1/29/17 Psalm 84:4, Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Do you “dwell in” or simply “visit” God’s house? Don’t just “go to church” today: go “home.” Jeremiah 29:32, Therefore thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will punish Shemaiah...and his seed: ...saith the Lord; because he hath taught rebellion against the Lord. Be very cautious in giving advice: what may seem reasonable or compassionate or logical or warranted “under the circumstances” may be in rebellion to God’s command.
- Monday, 1/30/17 Jeremiah 11:7a,d, For I earnestly protested unto your fathers in the day that I brought them up out of the land of Egypt, even unto this day, rising early and protesting, saying, Obey my voice. How “loudly” and how often does God have to speak to you to get your attention? Psalm 1:2, 4, But his delight is in...and in his law doth he... The ungodly are not so... If a person simply DOESN’T DO wrong without DOING rightly, God says that that person is “ungodly.” V6 then talks of 2 kinds of people: the righteous and ungodly. So, are you clean as far as anyone can tell, but, in actuality, are ungodly?
Bible thoughts from some others:
- Matt 4:19, He saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. He gives the same call today to all who follow Him.
- Ps 86:1, Bow down thine ear, O Lord, hear me: for I am poor and needy. This needs to be our attitude and frame of mind as we walk and talk with our God.
- Ps 89:48, Who is he that liveth and shall not see death? Shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave? Selah. Death is an appointment we all have, and we can either prepare for it or hide our heads in the sand and be caught unprepared. Let’s live each day as if it were our last.
- Matt 5:16, Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. We can blame Christians and fundamental preachers for all of the cults, false religions, and theological heresy. We have hid the Gospel light from the world.
- Ps 91:9, Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the Most High, thy habitation: there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh they dwelling. It behooves each of us who call ourselves Christians to walk closely with our God.
- Ps 94:11, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity. Unless we work on our thoughts continually, they will be vain, known and seen by God.
- Ps 95:7-8a, For he is our God: and we are the people of his pasture, and th sheep of his hand. Today fi ye will hear my voice, harden not your heart. We’ve been blessed by God individually, and as a nation. It may be our last change to exalt Him before the world.
- Matt 6:4, That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret Himself shall reward thee openly. Giving is for God’s honor and glory, and not ours.-----------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me at email@example.com for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.