- Tuesday, 5/8/19
Philippians 1:21, For to me to
live is Christ, and to die is gain. The second half of the verse is true
for all of us who are born again. However, each of us must ask: “Is the first
half is true for me?”
Philippians 4:2, I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. I’m guessing that these two were rather surprised to see their names in print. God is able to reveal even our most secret problems, sins, struggles, envies, or anger. Maybe we should admit, face, and get things right in private before Him before He makes our sin public and forces us to admit, face and get right before all. (BTW, He also can reveal our secret goodness. Now, which would you rather be surprised to see? Which would you rather see at your door: the local news station or a Publisher’s Clearing House rep?)
- Wednesday, 5/9/19 Here’s a challenge for you: take this verse to work and apply it: Philippians 2:3, Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. That little squabble with your coworker or boss...how does it fit with this verse? Then, apply it at home. Colossians 1:1, Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God... Paul was what he was by the will of God. Likewise, you and I are. If we believe in a sovereign God, we are where He has guided us...a place of blessing, a place of training, a place of usefulness, a place of chastisement, a place of exile. God has had His eye and His hand on your life. Perhaps we are not where He would’ve preferred, but He guided and governed our straying ways. So, serve Him even from “outer Mongolia” if that’s where you are. You can’t take the Gospel to the wrong address. There are people around you who need encouraging. Strengthen your spirit and serve.
- Thursday, 5/10/19 Proverbs 3:3, Bind [mercy and truth] about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart. Keep mercy toward others close to you. Don’t expect others to treat you as you treat them. But, keep truth close too: expect the highest behavior from yourself. Regardless of the provocation, do rightly today. Proverbs 4:4, [My father] taught me also, and said unto me... Leaders and senior saints: remember that you were once ignorant too, and had to be patiently instructed. Or, you were hard-headed and determined to find out for yourself...and had to be lovingly restored. So, elder one, be patient to those who want and need to learn, and be receptive and kind to those who need to come back.
- Friday, 5/11/19 Proverbs 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. It may seem trite, but you and I are to be sources of warmth and light to our dark worlds (primarily work.) Are things brighter and warmer because of your presence? More so today than yesterday? Proverbs 4:19, The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble. Though they be inherently wicked, they truly may not get it. They may not get why their life is a mess. So, though it may hurt us, they may truly be trying to do, trying to navigate life as best as they see fit. Love them, and actively seek to witness to them. Jesus Christ is the Answer they need...clothed in our understanding love.
- Saturday, 5/12/19 Psalm 5:8, Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face. We must realize when we’re on a slippery surface and then walk more carefully. When stressed...smaller and more deliberate steps are in order. Be safe today. Psalm 86:2-3, Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Which is it David? Make up your mind. Are you currently holy or currently sinful and needing more mercy? For the born again person, their sins are washed away on the eternal record books and Christ’s perfect righteousness has been substituted. We are truly “holy.” Officially, our record is identical to Jesus Christ’s. However, temporally, we still sin, and therefore need His mercy daily. Is your eternal record as spotless as Jesus’? It can be. Message me.
- Sunday, 5/13/19 A Sunday morning verse! Psalm 5:7, But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. Get your spirit cleaned up with a good bath of mercy today, and put on a right attitude toward the One Whose house you’re going to today. Psalm 86:4, Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. Joy comes in direct proportion to our closeness to the Lord. Now, honestly, we may have to endure the drawing near: we may need to be power washed and scrubbed...like a child coming in from a day’s adventures. It may be a little disconcerting to face the penetrating eyes of Daddy...but there is joy in His presence. Go on, lift up your soul to Heaven: get cleaned up and cuddle up to Dad.
- Monday, 5/14/19 Honestly, are you getting a little complacent in your Christianity? Holiness? 1 Thessalonians 2:12, ...that ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory. Walk worthy of God: walk so as to “deserve” His goodness...and He has a LOT of goodness. Problem solved. GROWTH POTENTIAL!! 2 Thessalonians 1:3, We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth. We obviously cannot control others, but would your current level of love in your spiritual tank have qualified to get you on this list?
Contact me at email@example.com for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.