- Tuesday, 8/13/19 John
13:1, ...having loved his own which were
in the world, [Jesus] loved them unto the end. How loving will you be in
the end? How loving are you now? Well, love covers a multitude of sins. However
loving you were, or were not, yesterday, start anew today.
Deuteronomy 11:26-28, Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; a blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day: and a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known. “Choose you this day, whom ye will serve...” Hmmm...the Bible sure is a book for 2019, isn’t it? Choose today...this hour...and this minute whether you want a blessing or a curse.
- Wednesday, 8/14/19 John 13:1, ...having loved his own which were in the world, [Jesus] loved them unto the end. The most important thing that you’re doing is NOW. The second most important thing is how you will FINISH. Third most important is what you DID. Fix what you can, resolve to persevere, but DO now. Matthew 26:39, And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. 1Be like the Saviour: take another step: DON’T QUIT. Others are counting on what you can/should/must do. No one else can do what you can do. 2Frequently choose the humble-est physical position. All of us need to remind ourselves what we’re made of. 3Pray. “All our failures are prayer failures.” 4Submit. Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.
- Thursday, 8/15/19 Proverbs 10:2, Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousness delivereth from death. HOW/WHEN something is gotten matters A LOT. It doesn’t matter if something will be right or should be right: IS it right today? for you? in this situation? What does the Bible say on the subject? Job 16:4, I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you. It doesn’t take a lot of mental energy or discipline to dig up dirt against somebody. But why? Do we get bigger by tearing down the boss? The inept peer? Our spouse? Our child’s teacher? Maybe we need to replace a lot of “constructive criticism” with “compassionate instruction” or “sympathetic silence” or “PLEADING PRAYER.” ‘just sayin’...
- Friday, 8/16/19 Overwhelmed? Burning out? Proverbs 10:29, The way of the Lord is strength to the upright. Strength is available in His WAY. Where’s that? Encouragement Avenue. Serving Street. Praise Place. Kindness Way. Soul Winner’s Drive. Humble Highway. Forgiveness Boulevard. Church Circle. Drive over to His side of town, and use His streets. John 18:17, Then saith the damsel that kept the door unto Peter, Art not thou also one of this man's disciples? He saith, I am not. I visualize Peter saying this rather quickly and automatically, without thinking, out of a sense of self-protection. But I wonder how often you and I have done the same things and dodged some question that would reveal our true level of spirituality. Lord, forgive us.
- Saturday, 8/17/19 Proverbs 11:22, As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion. Very simply ma’am: do you know when to shut your mouth? when to walk away? when it’s appropriate to speak, and what and how to say something? Would silence hurt the situation? (Fellas, us too.) Matthew 27:18, For [Pilate] knew that for envy [the Pharisees] had delivered [Jesus]. “Envy is not a big deal...” NO!!! Allowing a “small” “justifiable” sin will lead to horrible outcomes for us and/or others. Would you allow a single HIV organism into your body? 1 cancer cell? 1 breach of a dam? We are FAR more sinful than we think we are, and we are in FAR more danger than we think we are. WHENEVER the Holy Spirit pricks your conscience, and for WHATEVER the issue, deal with it immediately and decisively.
- Sunday, 8/18/19 Colossians 1:9, We also...do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding... Very simply, remember to pray and ask God to speak to you in SS and church today. (And then obey the Spirit.) Psalm 84:1, How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts! Very simply, if you enjoy church today, if you receive a blessing from the sermon or just the smile and laugh of someone(s), tell them. Tell them of their encouragement. Thank the ushers. Make the day of the ones who make yours.
- Monday, 8/19/19 Matthew 27:6, And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood. A major sign of a hypocrite is picking and choosing when to obey God. Use the Bible properly and wisely, but it’s ALL still here for a reason. Most who read my daily posts or get my daily texts (a 2nd, different Bible thought) would say that they want to be like God. Does that describe you? Psalm 113:6-7, Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth! He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill. He humbles Himself and tangibly helps the down-n-outers. Go thou and do likewise.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.