- Tuesday, 5/29/19 1 Peter 3:4, [Ladies] let [your adorning] be the...ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. “Meek” means to adjust to another’s agenda. Ladies, grade your beauty on your relation to your man and his wants/wishes/preferences. Psalm 73:2,
But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. Regardless of how close to disaster you get; regardless of how close the score is; regardless of how injured you are in the fight: don’t quit. Keep getting up. Be like Rocky Balboa: refuse to quit. He didn’t win every fight...but he didn’t quit. He wasn’t pretty afterwards, but he survived. Match every fall down with a get up. Couple every failure with a re-enrollment. Recompense every blow received with a blow given. If you’re saved, you’re on the winning side. The prize is “Well done, my good and faithful servant,” NOT, “Well done, by undefeated champion.” Don’t quit...How did Paul put it? “Having done all, to stand. Stand therefore...”
- Wednesday, 5/30/19 2 Peter 1:1a, Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ... Whatever high and lofty title/office we hold, our first title and loftiest office and primary duty, obligation, and focus should be on being a servant to all. Judge your last 24 hours...do you need a “re-do”? 1 John 1:4, And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. There is NO doubt about it, our level of joy is directly tied to our relationship to the words of God. How’s yours? Need to straighten things up? Get advice to re-invigorate your Bible time. If I can help, I’d be honored.
- Thursday, 5/31/19 Revelation 4:11, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Are you a waste of God’s creation? Very simply, are you giving pleasure to God? Or, do you keep Him at arm’s length and try for a peaceful coexistence? ... 1 John 1:8, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. Can we EVER say we’re completely innocent? In any situation? Our very best is tainted and stained and corrupted. So, regardless of how grievous another person’s faults are or how blatant their provocation is, you and I have something that we need to apologize for towards them. What more could you do to fix the relationship with THAT one?
- Friday, 6/1/19 2 John 6, And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. Love is NOT an emotion. It is a decision to treat someone the way the Bible says to. So, go love your spouse. Go love your boss. Go love your coworkers. Different commandments, but biblical love. Remember being a little kid and having to face the teacher or dad and you knew you were guilty and you were incredibly embarrassed and ashamed for your actions and how stupid they were? That’s how A LOT of people will be when they see Christ. 1 John 2:28, And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. There’s still time to avoid the shame...
- Saturday, 6/2/19 Luke 2:35, (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) THAT the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed. Are you willing to let God hurt you so as to teach another something? So as to be an example to another? John 11: Lazarus died for the apostles to learn. The sisters endured his death...for the 12. Are you willing? (Graduate level Christianity...) Hebrews 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. As a nurse, occasionally, I have to teach people how to give themselves shots or do other unpleasant things to themselves. It, of course, is for their health. Are you willing to handle the Sword and “do surgery to yourself” to cut out the infection? Are you willing to hurt yourself to help yourself? How’s your relationship to the Bible? When’s the last time you shed tears of repentance over something you saw? Are you reading but not heeding? Are your eyes crossing the page but your heart is elsewhere? Please hurt yourself...it’ll feel so good afterwards.
- Sunday, 6/3/19 Are you looking for Jesus today? I’ll give you one guess where to find Him. Luke 2:49, And [Jesus] said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? He’ll be at church speaking to saved saints and lost sinners. Go meet Him and help Him. Other than love, what is God’s motivation for delivering you? Why should He answer yours and my prayers for deliverance? Will He get any benefit from lifting His hand on our behalf? Psalm 106:47, Save us, O Lord our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise. Maybe if we’d praise Him more for the last 35 times He came through for us, He’d be quicker on the draw this time. ‘just saying...
- Monday, 6/4/19 Psalm 106:25-26, But murmured in their tents, and hearkened not unto the voice of the Lord. Therefore he lifted up his hand against them, to overthrow them in the wilderness. God’s character hasn’t changed: beware. You and I are not deserving of special treatment. Lesson: be content and obey. Revelation 12:9, And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Yes, the people that bother and trouble you may be jerks and may be mean spirited, but remember, ultimately, they are being deceived. THEY are not the enemy. Their attitude is not the problem. They need to get saved. So, allow your irritation to prompt you to pray for their salvation and lead you to witness to them.
Contact me at email@example.com for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.