- Tuesday, 10/29/19 Proverbs 26:14, As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed. We need to get enough sleep, but then rise. We need to
eat enough (& rightly), and leave the table. We need to recreate (to re-create, to freshen ourselves) and then get back to work. Psalm 51, Have mercy upon me, O God... blot out my transgressions... Wash me throughly... cleanse me from my sin... my transgressions...my sin... V11, Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. It’s wonderful to be forgiven!! But is it only you and I who deserve forgiveness? V12, Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. Because WE are forgiven, we MUST tell others how they can be forgiven. Be a soul winner...they need YOU.
- Wednesday, 10/30/19 Proverbs 26:18-19, As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death, so is the man that deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport? If the one we’re teasing doesn’t know we’re joking, it’s not teasing, it’s terrorism. Submit your funny bone to Spirit inspection. Proverbs 27:5, Open rebuke is better than secret love. Whom do you love that you’ve not told recently? Tell them. For what are you thankful that you’ve not expressed it recently. Express it. Who’s been a blessing to your spirit recently and you’ve not told them. Tell them. Whom do you admire for faithfulness, perseverance, godliness, sweetness...and they wonder if anyone sees? Compliment them.
- Thursday, 10/31/19 Proverbs 26:20, Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth. “This world would be SSOOOOO much better off if people would just mind their own business!!” No, it would be better off if you and I minded our business and shut our mouths. Proverbs 27:6, Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. This verse is pretty self-explanatory. But, it follows the verse before it: Open rebuke is better than secret love. An awkward, hurtful, stinging, embarrassing rebuke from someone trying to make you more godly and pleasing to the Lord is BETTER than the one who admires you silently for the good things you truly do/are. But, it’s hard to appreciate the rebuke...Lord help us.
- Friday, 11/1/19 Proverbs 27:4, Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy? A hot temper is easily noticed and obviously wrong, but envy is insidious and sneaky. God says neither you nor I are tougher than it. Matthew 5:27, Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: but I say unto you... Here is a BIG problem in Christianity: we have our doctrines based on what another SAYS is in the Bible. Read this statement carefully: “Do NOT believe what another SAYS is in the Bible; believe what another SHOWS you in the Bible.” The old black book is what we will be judged by, and the judgment will be us alone in front of God...ol’ Pastor So-n-so who told you something was OK will not be there with you or I.
- Saturday, 11/2/19 Deuteronomy 4:9, Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons. There’s a lot in this verse, but perhaps most importantly is “keep THY soul diligently.” Guard YOUR spirit, cuz if you fall, who will help those around you? Take care of you...I need you; others need you. All of us, at times, are in desperate need of answered prayer. Proverbs 28:9, He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. Is there anything about which the Lord has been speaking to you that you’ve been ignoring? Perhaps your need is on the way...deal with the potential dam preventing your needed answer. Don’t just get cleaner...get clean. Get holy.
- Sunday, 11/3/19 Ecclesiastes 11:1, Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. A very clear promise with no surrounding context. So...don’t give up on giving of yourself; don’t give up on loving; don’t give up on forgiving; don’t give up on teaching SS. Or...as I read one time, “Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we SHALL reap, if we faint not.” Keep on keepin’ on: we’re almost Home. Deuteronomy 12:8, Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes. A reminder that this is our default setting. By nature, we initially do what we think is right...but only to the degree that we’re Spirit led is what we think even close to right. And, to be honest, we’re not nearly as spiritual as we’d like to think we are. “If you think it’s right...question it” may be a good motto to live (spiritually) by.
- Monday, 11/4/19 Isaiah 25:1, O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. Lots in this verse: tell God He’s yours. Promise to lift up His reputation. Acknowledge His deeds. Bow to His Word. Now...will we? Psalm 71:6, By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels. He’s had our backs for ALL these years...doesn’t He deserve our best? Doesn’t He deserve our sincere treatment of our brothers and sisters? Doesn’t He deserve our honest, complete repentance and reformation? Doesn’t He deserve us to say (& mean), “I’m sorry”? Doesn’t He deserve we try to introduce our neighbors to Him?-----------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.