- Tuesday, 10/15/19 Hebrews 11:7, By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark... We only TRULY believe that which moves us to action. Do you truly believe in a literal
Heaven and a literal Hell where everyone goes 1 second after their death? OK, how’s your soul winning record in recent weeks? Psalm 116:7, Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee. The place of rest is still there...Realize His goodness, and go to meet Him. He wants you and loves you as you are today. Just be honest with Him.
- Wednesday, 10/16/19 Hebrews 11:8, By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out ...obeyed. (Day 2) We only really believe that which moves us to action. Do you believe that the Bible is God’s eternal Word given to man? OK, have you read it this week? How much? A verse or two? Maybe a chapter? Do you believe the Bible is our bread? Spiritual meat? Are you “eating” enough to grow, or are you simply subsisting on a starvation diet? You may want to think twice before stopping that sinful habit. There is a HUGE danger in getting right with the Lord. Luke 11:24-25, When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. This man cleaned out the demons...and ended up in far worse circumstances. Do not JUST stop a sin: replace the sin with righteous acts. Psalm 119:9, Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. Don’t eliminate the bad; replace the bad with good.
- Thursday, 10/17/19 Hebrews 11:17, 19, By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac...accounting that God was able to raise him up... (Day 3) If we truly believe something, we will act upon the belief. Do you believe prayer is actually talking to a God Who loves you? How much do you pray? What are you praying for specifically this week? Is the New Testament church really His body? When 2 or 3 are gathered together in His name, is He REALLY there? Were you there last week? Every time the doors were opened? Matthew 26:7-9, There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat. But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste? For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor. When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. Those who are about to sell Him out are critical of those who are sold out to Him.
- Friday, 10/18/19 Hebrews 11:24-25, (Day 4) By faith Moses...refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season. We only TRULY believe that which moves us to action. Is holy living truly pleasing to Christ? Is unholy living offensive to Him? Are you cleaner and more dedicated to His name and His cause than you were last year? The word “surrender” isn’t in the Bible, but “yield” is. “Surrender” has the connotation of not really having a choice; being backed into a corner, whereas “yield” denotes a voluntary submission; a definite choosing to submit. 2 Chronicles 30:8, Now be ye not stiffnecked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves unto the Lord, and enter into his sanctuary, which he hath sanctified for ever: and serve the Lord your God, that the fierceness of his wrath may turn away from you. Will you yield your dreams to Him? Your rights? Your desires? Your hurts? Your desire for revenge? Your future, whether you have 5 years or 75 years left? Will you yield your money?
- Saturday, 10/19/19 (Day 5) We SAY we believe the Bible, but oft times we don’t alter our actions. So, do we TRULY believe Him? Matthew 6:15, But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. We all need to rededicate ourselves to truly being a shining light to a lost and dying world. Burn brighter Christian...be a beacon for those around you. John 12:12-13, On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. They celebrated Him as their King, but they didn’t submit to Him as their King; they didn’t obey their King. Are you or I very much different?
- Sunday, 10/20/19 Proverbs 12:21a, There shall no evil happen to the just. This is a pretty absolute statement. Are you just? OK...then whatever “bad” is happening is really for your good. Your Father planned it all. Joseph in Genesis: “ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good.” Hard stuff... Acts 20:20, And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house... “Show & Tell” isn’t just for grade school: it’s to be our way of life? If someone asked our family would they say we did both? Only one? Which? Neither? If your coworkers were asked if you or I showed the love of Christ and told about the chance to go to Heaven, what would be said? What would our neighbors say?
- Monday, 10/21/19 Nehemiah 8:10d, ... the joy of the Lord is your strength. Two truths: First, God is a happy God. Secondly, obedience (making Him happy) makes us strong. Are you feeling weak and faint in your Christianity? “Not worth it anymore”? Obey...encourage another...win a soul. It’s “good for what ails ya.” Proverbs 12:4, A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones. A man cannot control how his woman treats him, but we can control, as least to a large degree, how we react. God says feeling shamed is detrimental to health. Men, if she does something that you feel was shameful, forgive her, pray for her, love her even if you and the whole world feels she’s done wrongly.
Contact me at email@example.com for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.