- Tuesday, 12/10/19 Proverbs 6:3a, Do this now, my son... What are you supposed to be doing NOW?
So do it, and quit doing today what you are supposed to do tomorrow (i.e. quit worrying about the next burden), and quit doing what you were supposed to do yesterday (living with regrets.) Do this NOW... Are you a soul winner? (And we're not right with God if we're not. Bottom line: we're disobedient if we aren't trying to evangelize a lost world. It's not a gift; it's an order.) We’re commanded to be. We need to win the lost...AND win the saved too. “Huh??” Isaiah 52:7, How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! We need to remind the people of God that He’s a good God and has things well in hand... If we don’t, they may quit, and there will be one less soul winner for the lost. So, win the lost and win the saved as well. It’s ALL on you.
- Wednesday, 12/11/19 2 Samuel 5:9, So David dwelt in the fort, and called it the city of David. And David built round about from Millo and inward. David built from the citadel outward AND inward. Yes, build others; encourage others; win others, but if you don’t build you, one day you’ll quit building others. Keep yourself healthy so you can heal others...but DO heal others. Isaiah 52:13-15a, Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. We all like this when it happens to us. We like to be on the mountain top, crowned as champion, and be very high...but look at what is next: As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men: (Never forget that the Christian life is a paradox: it doesn’t make sense that they way to “be very high” is to be crucified, but it is. The way up is down; the way to rule is to serve; the way to be happy is to give happiness to others. Oh, and BTW, look at what is next:) so shall he sprinkle many nations... There is life after crucifixion. But there is no exiting the grave until there is first a death. He endured the Cross? How? Why? “For the joy that was set before Him.” So...take whatever is thrown at you today...even if it’s a horrible painful death...cuz, on God’s calendar, “Sunday’s coming.”
- Thursday, 12/12/19 2 Samuel 5:10, And David went on, and grew great, and the Lord God of hosts was with him. We look at the final product of David and forget that it took a lifetime to make him into the Bible giant, the great hero of the faith that he was. He BECAME great...his life molded and formed him, but it took a lifetime. Be patient and keep going...God is making you. Quit fussing and let Him. 2 Samuel 9:1, And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan's sake? Just curious, could you tell of the last time you gave of your time and treasure to be a blessing to someone who could never do anything back to you? Whenever we do that (and all of us do it far to seldom), we are truly being like Christ. So, forget if you get a blessing or a recompense: go give some love away today.
- Friday, 12/13/19 Psalm 38:3-4a, There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. For mine iniquities are gone over mine head... Wise is the man who gives God his attention when He is trying to get it. Give Him your attention and quit the sin. Proverbs 9:6, Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding. The Doctrine of Separation is fast being lost in our age. It involves 2 actions: separating from and joining to. We’re to separate from that which is displeasing to the Lord or detrimental to spiritual health. We’re to join to that which furthers His goal of us living holy, more dedicated lives. Are you more or less separated than in the past?
- Saturday, 12/14/19 Isaiah 55:6-7a, Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts... Make no mistake: there is no drawing nearer to God without a corresponding acknowledging and dealing with our sin. Do it now; don’t delay; don’t put it off another day. Admit it and quit it; whatever IT is. Isaiah 55:9, For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Praise God that we don’t have to understand the “Why’s” of the Lord to do the “What’s.” His thoughts are higher than ours, but His commandments, by and large, are VERY understandable...our willingness to obey is the problem. Blunt question: WHAT is it that you’re NOT doing under the guise of not understanding the WHY?
- Sunday, 12/15/19 Psalm 112:4, Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. Notice we can be upright, but in darkness. When we are lost and lonely and confused, God is still good, but He is still righteous. What was sin in the light is still bad. What He expected from us on top-side still goes in the valley. Proverbs 6:16, 19, These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him... he that soweth discord among brethren. Romans 16:17, Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. It seems that there is a lot of attacking fundamental brethren going on. The Lord said that would happen...from the world. It shouldn’t happen from among our own ranks. God set up ways to take grievances to the church, and posting names, and rumors, and suspicions, and innuendo on Facebook isn’t in the Book. Let God be God, and obey Him.
- Monday, 12/16/19 Psalm 84:4, Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah. In the midst of troubles, it’s easy to just mope and feel sorry for ourselves. It’s hard to focus on positives. But, God says our spirit can and will be stilled by praising. By choice or by character, or by desperation, choose to praise today. (Or, choose to remain miserable, but it’s our choice.) 2 Samuel 22:36, Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great. God’s gentleness (mildness, adjusting to our needs and speed) makes us great. Go make your kids, your spouse, your employees, your SS pupils great. There’s a time for a strong push and firm words, and a time for a gentle-arm-around-the-shoulder encouragement.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.