- Tuesday, 5/18/21 2 Samuel 23:12, But he stood in the midst of the ground, and defended it, and slew the Philistines: and the Lord wrought a great victory. God generally won’t
win a battle if we aren’t willing to fight. We must do our part before He’ll do His part. “Be strong, and very courageous.” Psalm 107:7, And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation. Dear friend, wherever you may find yourself today, the Lord is more than willing and able to lead you to a happy destination along “the right way.” It matters not if you intentionally ran down a road that turned out to be lonely and dreary, or if you drifted, or got waylaid and, rather inadvertently, find yourself away from His way. If I can help you get back to where He wants you, please reach out to me.
- Wednesday, 5/19/21 Psalm 107:24, [Sailors] see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep. Since the “earth is the Lord’s” and He “only doeth wondrous things,” He has some wonders to display in our local worlds. Most of us need to focus more on His doings, than on our world: it’s problems, burdens, and distractions (translated often as “phones.”) So, “Head’s up” and get ready to see some wonders. Matthew 6:10a, Thy kingdom come. Millions of people recite the Model Prayer, but do we think of the meaning? To yearn for His kingdom, we are saying that we want to live in a holy, pure environment and to be directed by Him on how to live our daily lives in a righteous manner. A question for each of us: do we really want that?
- Thursday, 5/20/21 Psalm 135:6, Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places. He did what He pleased yesterday, so our circumstances are in His plan. We tend to gripe, but all of us need to look for the good, or ask for the lesson from our situation. Psalm 136:26, O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever. The more we are aware of His mercy and the fact that it endures forever, and the more we are aware of how much we need it, the less we want to take advantage of it. His mercy and grace are not licenses to sin; they are to be motivators to be holy. How could any child take advantage of that which cost His Lord so much pain??
- Friday, 5/21/21 Would you say that you have financial troubles or financial treasures? Proverbs 15:6, In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble. Maybe an attitude adjustment is in order? Or a lifestyle change? Re-read the verse. Psalm 137:1, By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. As we go through life, we accumulate mistakes and scars and regrets. Hopefully, we have lessons and improvements because of each. But, we all have to deal with memories. The past cannot be changed: you did, they did what they did. We can stop and whine and bemoan our screw-up, or we can go forward...yes, albeit maybe with a limp that may last til the grave. The breakup is final; the harm to your health is permanent; the job is lost; that opportunity is gone; whatever. Sit and hurt, or go forward and hurt...the ball’s in your court.
- Saturday, 5/22/21 Psalm 109:1, Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise. While waiting on God to act today, be sure to praise Him for yesterday. We’re so selfish and now-focused... Plus, praise gets His attention like few other things. So, what works has He done around you recently? Start talking... Psalm 142:4, I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. On the right is a place of honor; to military men, it was the place of leadership and strength. David was saying that leadership failed him; leadership failed to provide him a refuge, a zone of safety, and he felt that his leaders didn’t care about him. How sad. But the next verse said the Lord accepted him. Remember, the best men are still men, and thus, WILL fail and fall to some degree. Yes we’re to follow them, AS they follow Jesus.
- Sunday, 5/23/21 Matthew 6:21, For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. The verse is often used re money, but we have 2 other treasures besides cash. Our time and our will are equally treasures. Where we invest those , our heart will follow. So give in, give time, give a buck: care a lot. Matthew 6:34, Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. If God commands us to “take no thought,” i.e. worry, they we can do it. However, if worry does creep into our hearts, at the very least, don’t let it linger or come out of your mouth. Vocalizing something enhances and validates the feeling.
- Monday, 5/24/21 Psalm 142:4b-5, ...refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. Problems are not problems if they result in learning more about God and deepening the relationship with Him. 1 Corinthians 9:19-22, For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews...I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. A good leader does this with his followers. Some followers might need a more authoritative persona; some, a more fatherly; some more specific instructions; some just a gentle nudge in the right direction. A wise person also does this in a relationship: he or she will become what the other needs. What does your spouse need today? Your friend? Your pastor? Your coworker? Your child? This shows the heart of a servant, so to not do so is to reveal a need for growth.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.