- Tuesday, 4/13/21 Another zombie verse in the Bible: 1 Timothy 5:6, But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth. Our lives are
not for us to be happy or comfortable or secure; they’re for us to serve the Master and win souls and train others to win souls. We’ll be happy, comfortable, and secure in Glory. What more could you do for Christ? Could you give more? go more? pray more? surrender more? Quit dying and start living. Acts 7:30, And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush. Moses’ life was split into three 40 year periods. First, he was a prince training to rule/lead Egypt. Then, he was a shepherd. Then, a man of God, a full-time Christian servant. Lesson? What we’ve done in the past is not necessarily what we’re to do in the future. Are you willing to be redirected? What if He leads to quit a job and move to a mission field? What if He leads you away from whatever level of comfort you now enjoy? Are you listening? Are you seeking His will, or have you, in essence, told Him, “I’ll go no farther in that direction. I’ll do what you want as long as it doesn’t involve sacrifice and discomfort and deprivation.”
- Wednesday, 4/14/21 Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. He has thoughts/plans/jobs for each of us to do. He doesn’t just love us: He wants to/needs to use us to give His message to a lost world. John 15:18, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. Do the unsaved feel very comfortable around you? You around them? The unsaved should feel accepted and loved by us, but we should be holy enough that it somewhat unsettles them. Of course, we should not prefer their company to the company of the people of God. God’s holiness rubs the world the wrong way: ours should too. John 7:7, The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. Are you salty enough and a bright enough light to be somewhat irritating to those at work?
- Thursday, 4/15/21 Isaiah 55:3a, Incline your ear, and come unto me. We incline our ears to those who’ve captivated our hearts...maybe that’s why the things of the Lord don’t mean much to some. Invest your time, your will, and your money (our 3 treasures) into the relationship with Him. Exodus 16:3, And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the Lord in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger. It should go without saying, but, we’re GONNA have difficulties on our journey to Heaven...don’t whine and don’t regret being a Christian, and above all else, don’t turn back.
- Friday, 4/16/21 Isaiah 55:7, Let the wicked...and the unrighteous...return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Read that again!! Can there be 2 sweeter words? “Abundantly pardon”!! He WANTS to forgive you...just ‘fess up. COME. Isaiah 55:7, Let the wicked...and the unrighteous...return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. To return means that you once were close. If you’ve drifted...just come back. Will somebody say something? Maybe, but most won’t. Will you feel out of place? Maybe, but you’ll readjust. Will you have to maybe apologize or admit to somethings? Yes, but those are part of the wages of sin. Just return. You listened to the Devil and left...don’t keep listening to him and stay away. Return.
- Saturday, 4/17/21 Sadly, most who’re on their way to Heaven are content with just a fire insurance policy. A smaller group earnestly want God to intervene in their lives and pray to that end. A very few are like David: Psalm 63:1b, ...my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is. If we get Him, we get all that He can do. In His presence is fulness of joy. 1 Corinthians 11:24, And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. Jesus compares Himself to bread. No one can eat for another. No group can eat for another. To get Jesus, YOU have to personally accept Him: a family can’t do it for you; a church can’t do it for you. Individually, we must come to Him. So, do YOU absolutely K-N-O-W that you are on your way to Heaven? It is possible to K-N-O-W. If you don’t please, please, please message me.
- Sunday, 4/18/21 Psalm 21:1b, ...and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice! An introspective question: how long has it been (if ever) since you shed tears of joy and gratitude for being saved? Maybe at church this morning go forward and ask God to soften your heart if needed. Where would you be? Where do you deserve to be? What’s He done for you? Go hug your Lord down front today. Joshua 9:14, And the men took of their victuals, and asked not counsel at the mouth of the Lord. Nine words that changed a nation’s destiny. God’s orders were to kill or expel the locals. This “little” act opened the door to coexistence with the Canaanites which eventually led to corruption. If God said it, DO IT. Seek His will on everything. Better to err toward the extreme with Him.
- Monday, 4/19/21 Psalm 23:3a, [The Lord] restoreth my soul. Ostensibly, we all claim to want to be like Christ; He restores sinners. Are we willing to assist and accepting of someone who really screwed up to return to a place of faithfully serving Him again? Even if the screw up was toward you? John 17:17, Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. (Meddling Alert!!) Are you progressively getting holier? Could you say what’s different spiritually about you today compared to a year or two ago? Our relationship to, and consumption of truth is to effect our living. So again, are you more holy than before, or does God “just have to accept” you as you are?
Contact me at email@example.com for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.