- Tuesday, 3/14/23 Psalm 38:2, For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore....because of my sin. Do you really want to continue to fight against the omnipotent One concerning THAT sin? Is IT worth it?
He can disrupt ANY aspect of your life more than He already has. Don’t push your luck. John 11:50, Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. It’s easy to profess that we are acting in the interest of the multitude and thereby slight the individual. Sometimes we do, and sometimes it’s necessary to profit the group over the one, but oft-times we hide behind the crowd because we don’t want to care for the individual out of inconvenience or laziness.
- Wednesday, 3/15/23 Psalm 119:75, I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me. Your bad is for your good, so it’s not really bad. Elite soldiers need to sweat and bleed a lot in practice so as to be ready for the battle. So, it’s not a “mean ol’ God picking on” you, it’s your loving drill Sergeant training you. Psalm 41:11, By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me. To be able to make this statement, the psalmist had to keep on going for God until he saw the end of the situation. Far too often, we judge how “cruel God is being to us,” but we judge Him in the middle of the trouble. Our God, our Father, our big Brother, our Comforter is faithful and is purposefully doing something in us. Be patient little one, “your salvation draweth nigh.”
- Thursday, 3/16/23 Psalm 119:93, I will never forget thy precepts: for WITH THEM thou hast quickened me. There is no eternal salvation nor temporal salvation without the Words of God. I think there’s no doubt that, for the English speaking world, that is the King James. Live in It...more than you are now. Acts 16:6-7, Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not. Interesting: God forbad them to win souls in those regions. I bet they were confused. However, for them, like for us, God’s “no’s” are to direct us into a greater “yes.”
- Friday, 3/17/23 Proverbs 11:30a, The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life. If asked, would your coworkers or family describe being around you like being around a blooming, fruit bearing tree: comforting, restful, relaxing? Or, would they describe you like a volcano or a stinking swamp? John 13:21, When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of YOU shall betray me. We need a constant awareness that we are VERY liable to fall and to deny the Lord. The first step toward becoming a casualty is to become casual.
- Saturday, 3/18/23 Psalm 119:67, Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. An unpleasant truth: we are like wandering sheep: we often need a little brute force to keep us on the proper path. Sad to say: we NEED affliction. So maybe we shouldn’t gripe so much...?? Acts 13:30, ... they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. But God raised him from the dead. Here’s the ultimate trump card: BUT GOD!! “I’ve sinned...” BUT GOD!! “My health is failing...” BUT GOD!!! “I’m tired...” BUT GOD!! “My spouse died...” BUT GOD!! “I’m too young...” BUT GOD!! “I’m confused...” BUT GOD!!! “My finances...” BUT GOD!! BUT GOD!! BUT GOD!!!
- Sunday, 3/19/23 Psalm 117:1, O praise the Lord, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people. The more spiritual we become, the more we will praise God ourselves, the more we’ll enlist others to praise Him, and the less we’ll focus on mundane topics, gossip, or slander. What’re you talking about? The weather??!!?? Psalm 119:98, Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. Whether we realize it or not, we have enemies. Whether we acknowledge it or not, we have perplexities. We have decisions to make, choices to make, people to interact with. We need the wisdom from God’s Word far more than we realize that we do, and far, far more than we ask for it.
- Monday, 3/20/23 Psalm 117:1b-2a, ...praise him, all ye people. For his merciful kindness is great toward us... I’ll bet that if we REALLY tried, we could discern some of His mercy and His kindness to us...even on a Monday. Go ahead: look around and tell Him (& someone else) what you’re noticing. Psalm 119:97, I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O Lord, according unto thy word. “I, me, down here, I am in SSOOOO much trouble, Lord...” 1) All of us are more aware of our problems than other’s problems. 2) However bad we have it, others still have problems too, and many of theirs are worse than ours. 3) We are still commanded to bear each other’s burdens so as to get our eyes off of ourselves.