- Tuesday, 3/2/21 Hebrews 10:25c, Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together...and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. “[Go to church] so much the more as you see the day approaching.” A clear command...
SS, Sunday morn., Sunday evening, Wednesday evening...we’re to build our lives around the church. Let’s all rededicate and reinvigorate our attendance. Psalm 44:5, Through thee will we push down our enemies: through thy name will we tread them under that rise up against us. In doing anything successfully for God there are 3 components: 1The part we have to do (actually work/effort or repentance or changing of habits, etc.) 2God has His actions that only He can do. 3Our recognizing, acknowledging and trusting His part and that “without Him, we can do nothing.”
- Wednesday, 3/3/21 Mark 3:8b, ...a great multitude, when they had heard what great things he did, came unto him. A tool to getting others to come to Christ is to brag on Him publically. Has your God (religion) done more for you than theirs has for them? Tell them of yours and whet their appetite for Him. Psalm 46:7, The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Jacob was the sneaky, conniving, self-serving, scheming trickster, and yet God was his; He identifies Himself as his God. If we’re to be like God, we too are to accept the “less-than-desirable.” Are you a friend of the Jacobs of the world? Are you a Christian for the Jacobs of the world? Can they come to you for refuge? Could they come today...or do they have to get cleaned up first and “prove” their sincerity? Would the backslidden think to call you? Would those who purposefully ran from God think to come back to Him through you or I? Lord help us to live like the One we say we want to emulate.
- Thursday, 3/4/21 Mark 13:22, For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. If Satan attacks the Living Word’s agenda by sending counterfeits of Him to confuse, isn’t it logical that he’d attack the Written Word in the same manner? Many different versions are from Satan. Which One has God blessed the most? The most changed lives? The most saved souls? (Hint: it was published in 1611.) 2 Corinthians 1:4, Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. God does not comfort us to make us comfortable, but rather to make us comforters. Quit wasting God’s comfort...share it.
- Friday, 3/5/21 Proverbs 27:7a, The full soul loatheth an honeycomb. Notice: a helpful good can be rejected because of fullness. When presented with “new truth,” do you reject/question/find fault with it (or the messenger)? Doing so may be a sign that you’re “full.” If it’s Bible, but new to you, maybe you have a growth opportunity in front of you. We’re NEVER done growing, changing, stretching as a believer. Eat that “strange new food”... Psalm 119:41, Let thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, even thy salvation, according to thy word. Mercy is freely offered, but it is NOT condition-less. Eternal mercy (going to Heaven) comes ONLY when a person ceases to trust anything else to atone for their sins, and solely trusts the sacrificial, substitutionary death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Likewise, for the believer, there is a condition: Pro 28:13b, ...whoso confesseth and forsaketh [his sins] shall have mercy. Maybe, dear brother, we’re not as forgiven as we think: maybe we confess things, but don’t really want to, or try to forsake them. It’s a question for each of us to ask the indwelling Holy Spirit concerning each of our sins.
- Saturday, 3/6/21 Psalm 119:50, This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. All of us are having it rough, have had it rough, or will have it rough. Consequently, all of us will be in need of comfort when we’re hurting. Here it is: think on our salvation. Read the verse again. Psalm 119:53, Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law. Why this horror? Because “by the law is the knowledge of sin.” Salvation is not by keeping the Law, but the law convinces us of our imminent danger of hell-fire, and brings us to the One Who can care for our sins. Never, ever leave the Law of the Lord behind, because it is the key to opening the door leading to salvation. If you don’t know that you’re going to Heaven, other than asking someone to show you today how you can be born again TODAY, the best thing you could do is read the Bible.
- Sunday, 3/7/21 John 15:2, Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Three categories of believers: those not bearing, those bearing, and those bearing more. Where are you? (Of course, the fruit of a vine is a grape: another life capable of and wanting to reproduce itself. It’s the same for Christian fruit.) Have you any fruit? Proverbs 28:6, Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich. What we are is far, far more important than what we have. What we have will perish, be lost, be stolen, diminish, or tarnish. What we are will endure into eternity. So, ARE you righteous of heart? Totally? (If not message me.) ARE you striving to improve and increase your personal righteousness? When we see Christ, we won’t HAVE any of the world’s clothing, trinkets, or possessions with us, but we will HAVE our character, our purity, our devotion. We’ll also have whatever treasure we’ve laid up in Heaven, and, we’ll also have the souls that we’ve won. We all have to go to work this week to pay bills, but could we increase our emphasis a bit on the eternal aspects and diminish it a bit towards the temporal?
- Monday, 3/8/21 Mark 16:7, But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee... Have you been accorded a special honor from God? A special talent? Position? Knowledge? It may be that He has a Pentecost just a few weeks down the road for you... Psalm 51:3b, ... and my sin is ever before me. Though we’re not to dwell on it, truthfully, we’ll never forget some things. Don’t let your past define your future. If your future includes a permanent limp (like Jacob’s limp) from your fall, so be it. Is the sin confessed? Has He forgiven you? OK, forgive yourself. Has He promised to never bring it up again? You do the same. Paul didn’t list his offenses against the Jews when he spoke to the Gentiles. And He didn’t hide them when he spoke to the Jews. Most don’t know of your “HUGE” failure...go on and serve them. And those that do know...serve them too.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.