- Tuesday, 3/28/23 John 8:11, She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. In time, if she didn’t get saved, Jesus would have condemned her. God is all about
proper timing. A right action at the wrong time might be wrong. A health scare can lead to a lifestyle change and a much longer life. A downsizing can push us into a new, more fulfilling career. Financial difficulties may prod us to get our financial house in order. Psalm 56:3, What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. So too, fear can lead to great faith, i.e. that which pleases God. (Faith is also the currency of Heaven, so we get “a bigger paycheck.”)
- Wednesday, 3/29/23 Psalm 55:6, And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. 1) David wanted to run from his problems, just like you and I. 2) He thought he COULD run. 3) He knew that running becomes habitual (v7). 4) He knew running would take him out of the will of God. Go THROUGH your problems. It hurts as much to limp forward as it does to limp backward. Job 6:2, Oh that my grief were throughly weighed, and my calamity laid in the balances together! It’s part of our sinful, selfish nature to think that we have it rougher than anyone else, and that no one understands what we’re going through. Both are totally false. I’m sorry you’re in a rough time, but God still orders you to “bear one another’s burdens.” Go help carry their burden and listen to their heartaches, and yours will automatically be helped. I guarantee it.
- Thursday, 3/30/23 Psalm 55:17, Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. Wherever we are in our walk with God, there is room for us to step up. The best thing that you can do about your prayer life is to pray about it; the best thing for your devotional life is to devote more time to it. Psalm 119:113, I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love. Yes, we show that we’re a disciple by love. But, Christianity is as much about hatred as it is about love. OK...you love; do you hate? Is it even possible to truly love without hating? If we love flowers we automatically hate weeds... We’re to hate our sins, our inconsistencies, and our complacency while we tolerate, work with, and exhort others’ to get to the point of hatred.
- Friday, 3/31/23 Psalm 119:144, The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live. Need some understanding? Trying to figure out one of life’s puzzles? When in doubt, first always find out what the Bible says on the subject. Is one option holier? That’s probably the right one. Does one yield the potential to see people saved? God’s in that. Psalm 119:172, My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. All of us have opinions on ‘most every topic...and they matter little to zilch. What does God say on the subject? He’s given us “all things that pertain to life and godliness.” You don’t know what He says? Find out. Eliminate your self-importance and magnify HIS legitimate importance.
- Saturday, 4/1/23 Psalm 119:121, I HAVE DONE judgment and justice: leave me not to mine oppressors. Work like everything depends on you, and pray like everything depends on God. Psalm 119:123, Mine eyes fail for thy salvation, and for the word of thy righteousness. The word picture here is of eye strain or blurry eyes from staring at the horizon so long waiting for help to come. Has anyone ever accused you or me of waiting on God TOO long? Of trusting Him TOO much? Maybe we have further to grow than we’re aware of or are willing to admit.
- Sunday, 4/2/23 Proverbs 31:30, Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Men, how praise-full are you towards God second greatest gift toward you? (Ladies, we like praise too, BTW.) Mark 1:40, And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. Getting close to Jesus means that you’ll be close to those who also are close to Him. If Christians don’t accept you, then they are simply showing that they are not close to the Master. It’s all about you and Him; let the others fall where they may.
- Monday, 4/3/23 Numbers 12:10, And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous. Bible stories show us what COULD happen. These 2 critics found out that God will protect His chosen. Have you been treading on thin ice? Maybe there’s some heart business you need to do with God. Numbers 12:1-2, And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. And they said, Hath the Lord indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the Lord heard it. On the surface, the two siblings were upset by Moses’ marriage, but in reality, they were jealous of his standing with God. Realize that the things for which we are criticized may or may not be the real issue with the critics. The heart of all of us is “desperately wicked,” the heart of the critic doubly so.