- Tuesday, 2/14/17 Proverbs 11:2, When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom. If God never shows you anything out of the Bible, check your pride level. “Lowly” means humble or humiliated. Maybe and awareness of, and confessing of, pride needs to happen.
- Monday, 2/6/17 Matthew 18:33, Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? Very simply,whom have you not forgiven (yet)? Whom are you waiting for to “punish them a little,” or to see if they’re “really sincere”? (See v34-35.)
- Tuesday, 1/31/17 Proverbs 27:22, Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him. Do you keep getting punished or going through the same consequences over and over for your behavior? There’s a term for that...
- Tuesday, 1/24/17 Jeremiah 5:25, Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you. The statement was true 2700 years ago, and it is true today. Let it go. Confess and forsake it. For all of you who hate harsh, direct preaching, see what God told Jeremiah his preaching was to be like. Jeremiah 5:14, Wherefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.
- Tuesday, 1/17/17 Proverbs 9:5, Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled. For wisdom to help you, you must make it a part of you. Do you try to actually implement what you hear in SS and church? If you had to tell me, could you tell me what you’re “digesting” now?
- Monday, 1/2/17 Job 36:22b, Behold, God exalteth by his power: who teacheth like him? “Lord, help me to trust the teaching methods that You’re using on me...especially when the class is a hard one and the concepts difficult.” Read Ecc 3:1-8. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up... In looking at these 14 pairs of events, sometimes the obvious positive comes first and sometimes the obvious negative is listed first. Or it is obvious? (Read them) Lesson: we don’t know which events in our lives are really positive and which are really negative. Example: Joseph in Genesis; 3 Hebrew children in furnace; Paul’s troubles; John being exiled...to get the Revelation.
- Tuesday, 12/27/16 Do you get the impression that leaders like to be around you? Your bosses? Pastor? Senior staff members? Pro 22:11, He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend. In need of God’s supernatural help? Ps 31:24, Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord . “Courage” means to be obstinant or resolute. You keep doing and being what you’re told to be and do, and He’ll strengthen you.
- Tuesday, 12/20/16 Pro 16:9, A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps. Quit looking at your goal and start looking at your immediate tasks.
Tuesday, 12/6/16 Ps 119:149b, Hear my voice according unto thy lovingkindness: O Lord, quicken me ACCORDING TO thy judgment. God’s methods are often harsh: do you really want His intervention? Some lessons can only be learned through hard, harsh methods.