- Tuesday, 5/16/17 1 John 3:18, My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. To say the words, “I love you” is easy and common. But to say it and then back it up with “deeds and truth” (i.e. obedience to the Bible) is harder. Which are you more prone to do?
- Tuesday, 5/9/17 Galatians 1:4, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world... He gave ALL He could to free us from the penalty and the influence of sin. What will you give to free your spouse? Your kids? Your pastor?
- Tuesday, 5/2/17 Galatians 6:1, Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Does your Bible, in Galatians 6, use the word “restore” or does it say “ignore such an one”? No, not the Bible you read, the one you live.
- Tuesday, 4/24/17 Three commandments to do toward a repentant believer: 2 Corinthians 2:7-8, So that contrariwise ye ought rather to 1forgive him, and 2comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. Wherefore I beseech you that ye would 3confirm your love toward him. Isaiah 53:4, Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. Did you ever consider that you may be wrong? They esteemed, valued, surmised that the One on the Cross was “bad.” Are you teachable, or do you feel that you’re the final word on every subject?
My Bible thoughts:
- Tuesday, 4/17/17 Proverbs 13:5a, A righteous man hateth lying. Most of us hate being lied to, but, do you hate it when you’re the liar? Do you hate it if you see another person lying to a third person (or cheating: at work: time cards, reports; false tax return info)?
- Monday, 4/9/17 If something is inevitable, why not prepare for it (winter, school, surgery, etc.)? Psalm 145:1, I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
- Tuesday, 4/4/17 Proverbs 31:12, She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. Ladies, the second characteristic of the virtuous woman (after earned trust) is consistent active goodness. Do you? Really?
- Tuesday, 3/28/17 Proverbs 25:19, Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint. Confidence & faithfulness take a long time to develop. (Unfaithfulness would be natural.) Problems come at a moment’s notice. Are you ready?
- Tuesday, 3/21/17 Psalm 57:2, I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me. Here’s an Old Testament equivalent of Romans 8:28. All things: sickness, poverty, trials, conflicts: are FOR you. Trust Him, and be faithful.