- Lovest Thou Me More Than These?
- Forgive Us Our Sins And Our Debts
- Do You Feel Limited?
- Do You Feel Limited? #2
- Tuesday, 7/2/19
Proverbs 27:19, As in water face
answereth to face, so the heart of man to man. Water reflects the face, and
the heart shows itself. “By their fruits ye shall know them.” Are you
reflecting faith? Joy? Quiet confidence? Love? Or, strife? Arrogance? Pride?
“When others look at me, do they see Jesus?”
The 07/07/19 FBC Hammond bulletin is up at Baptist City.
- Into His Gates With Thanksgiving
- Just One Hour
- Worthy Is The Lamb
- Tuesday, 6/25/19 Proverbs
18:21, Death and life are in the power of
the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. We ALL have
this power. 1) Don’t love it. 2) Use it wisely. Go create life
today...cheer someone up, and then do it again, and again, and again.
- Tuesday, 6/18/19 Zeph 2:3a, Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth... Meekness is a willingness to be governed. It’s adjusting our agenda to another’s. Moses was meek; Christ is; we are to be too. In a wife, God says this is extremely valuable. Are you willing for Him to govern you, even if He uses human authority (husband, parents, boss, law) to do it? Zeph 3:12, I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the Lord. The huge calamity of national annihilation, starvation, much death, and mass deportations brought salvation through faith to some. For us: what is a huge negative this week may turn out to be a much greater positive next year. Bottom line: trust whatever God is doing/bringing in our lives.
- Wednesday, 6/19/19 Zeph 2:3ab, Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness... Whatever good qualities we have don’t last: they get corrupted or forsaken by our flesh. Keep seeking what you already have. We are to learn from history. Matthew 16:22-22, From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. Even our Saviour had to undergo an enormous short-term negative so as to produce a greater positive. So that’s how the Father operates. You and I can expect the same treatment.
- Thursday, 6/20/19 Proverbs 16:9, The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the Lord. He didn’t say “the way of the wicked person,” but simply the lifestyle of the wicked person. Does your lifestyle (away from church) obviously emulate righteousness or a wicked man’s? Some verses in the Bible can humble us to the core immediately. And we all need that...our level of pride and complacency and arrogance and condescension must be nauseating to the Lord. Can you even read this verse out loud without your spirit nearly buckling? Psalm 119:162, I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil. How excited would you be to find out you had the winning lottery ticket or just had your name picked out of the hat? That’s minuscule compared to how we should be every morning... ‘just sayin...
- Friday, 6/21/19 Psalm 119:32, I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart. We must always be pushing ourselves to run faster and to get a larger heart and run even faster. Do you think you’re “fast enough”? “good enough?” “holy enough?” Luke 12:1b, [Jesus] began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. We often think of a hypocrite as one who acts better than they are, and, of course, that’s a correct illustration. However, the reverse is true. Do you ever act worse than you are so as to not be shamed for being “too holy”? So as to not be ridiculed? Are you hypocritical when you won’t admit that you don’t drink and that drinking is anti-scriptural? “Beware.” Today it’s not standing against wrong that others do; tomorrow it’ll be putting up with the wrong that you do.
- Saturday, 6/22/19 Psalm
119:24, Thy testimonies also are my
delight and my counsellors. Advice...do you get it from peers? Associates
at work? family? professionals? Or, is the Bible directing you? If you need
extra outside advice, are you first
going to the Holy Spirit and letting Him direct?
- Why Be Born Again?
- Why Do We Have To Beg God?
- The Day Of Salvation
- Running You Race #3
And last… “There’s another possible reparations issue completely ignored: Blacks as well as whites live on land taken, sometimes brutally, from American Indians. Do blacks and whites owe American Indians anything?” —Walter E. Williams
From the Patriot Post.
The FBC bulletin for 06/23/19 is now up at Baptist City.