- How to Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself
- Ask, Seek and Knock
- The Great Commission
- The Great Commission #2
- Monday, 3/25/19 Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. If God wanted to do something at your church, would you be in one accord with everyone? Would you be in one place with everyone? Would you have been at the prayer meeting earlier?
- Tuesday, 3/19/19
Proverbs 11:17, The merciful man
doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh.
Do yourself a favor: forgive somebody(-ies) today.
This illustrates the Mueller investigation beautifully!
The sermons from 03/24/19 are now up at Baptist City.
- Fear Not, Thou Worm
- He Came, He Is Here and He Will Come
- Faith Promise
- The Middle
- Tuesday, 3/12/19 Is your spirit weak today? Feeling run down spiritually? Deuteronomy 11:8, Therefore shall ye keep all the commandments which I command you this day, that ye may be strong... Obedience brings strength. Go soul winning. Praise. Give thanks. Help another. You’ll be stronger for it. In Deuteronomy 9:27, Moses prayed, Remember thy servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; look not unto the stubbornness of this people, nor to their wickedness, nor to their sin. The prayer closet is the only place and time where we should list and speak openly about another’s sins. Quit spreading garbage around concerning believers who’ve done wrongly. God says He hates those who spread discord among brethren. Forgive those who hurt you and move on. If they were in a position of authority and misrepresented God, let Him deal with them. Many need to forgive someone, and to help others to forgive...quit taking every opportunity for rehashing and reopening old wounds and hurts. You’ve grown bitter.
- Wednesday, 3/13/19 Galatians 6:9, And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. If your goal is getting better in “well doing”, you’ll get there. If your goal is “perfect doing”, you’ll never get there, and worse, you’ll be frustrated, and probably quit. Deuteronomy 10:12-13, And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, to keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good? Simple enough for all to understand; complex enough to keep all of us humble.
- Thursday, 3/14/19 Proverbs 7:11, She is loud and stubborn. “Loud” just has the general meaning of being noisy. “Stubborn” is very interesting. It seems to have the connotation of deflecting things back away from herself. "Refractory" is used in what I looked up. So...tacit acknowledgment of her guilt, but turning the spotlight quickly back toward another. Ladies, measure yourself. Fellas, we probably need to do so too. Proverbs 9:4, 16, Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him... The call of wisdom and the foolish woman are identical. So, we must look at the fruits. Lesson: purposefully and intelligently choose your paths. Don’t fall for a slick sales pitch and glitz and glamour. Look carefully, research, get references, look at track records. After all, it is YOUR life that is being wooed.
- Friday, 3/15/19 Proverbs 8:7, For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips. Oh, that this could be said about me far more often and far more truly. Pray for me. “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in THY sight, O Lord.” Do you like what you have in Christ? In your salvation? Do you thoroughly revel in all the benefits of being a child of God? LOL...the show hasn’t even started yet! Ephesians 2:7, That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. This is all just a “warm up act”!! Hallelujah!!
- Saturday, 3/16/19 Matthew 9:21, For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. This poor, ill, destitute woman had more sense than the rest of us: the key to getting our problems truly solved starts and ends with our proximity and obedience to Christ. Three “Don’t’s” and Two “Do’s” to be blessed. Psalm 1:1-2, Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. The formula works if we’ll work the formula. Do you need to re-evaluate some things?
- Sunday, 3/17/19 1 Samuel 3:21b, ...for the Lord revealed himself to Samuel in Shiloh by the word of the Lord. He still uses the same means. If you want to know more about Him, His will, His plan; if you need more of His wisdom, comfort, security, peace: I would ask you, “How’s your relationship with the King James Bible and a Gospel preaching church?” John 18:11, Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it? Jesus had as much right not to do His Father’s will, to not drink the cup that was His destiny, as you and I do. The cup that’s in front of us, no matter how painful and distasteful, should we not drink it? And should we not do it with a sweet, humble spirit and a willing heart?
- Monday, 3/18/19 Psalm 42:1, As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. We are to look at Bible character and spiritual leaders as examples and inspirations and challenges to live more godly. Oh, that I would be able to truthfully recite this verse. ‘Guess I have room to grow... A reminder of what God demands from a Christian employee: Ephesians 6:5-7, Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; with good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men...-----------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me at email@example.com for information on subscribing to the weekly email or daily text messages from Terry.
- You Don't Have To Tell Me Why:Just Tell Me There Is A Why
- Now Mine Eye Seeth Thee
- The Church And Missions
The 03/17/19 FBC Hammond bulletin is up at Baptist City.
Tuesday, 3/5/19 Psalm
73:1, Truly God is good to Israel, even
to such as are of a clean heart. This verse speaks of cause and effect. If
we’re wondering about or doubting His goodness to us, before we “charge God
foolishly,” we much check our hearts’ cleanliness. “Tain’t rocket science
- The Plan and the Plan Within the Plan
- The Spirit of the Lord Departed
- Learning To Tithe
- Paul's Defense